Home > About Us >

Our History

 
 

 

In 1915, Chengzhi School out of which TUHS emerged was established.

In 1939, Chengzhi School was moved to Southern China along with Tsinghua University and became part of National Southwestern Associated University.

In 1946, Chengzhi School was moved back to Beiping, and was divided into two parts: junior high school division and primary school division.

In 1952, the junior high school division of Chengzhi School merged with the middle school division of The Affiliated School of Yenching University and became The Affiliated School of Tsinghua University.

In 1958, The Instant High School for Workers and Peasants Attached to Tsinghua University was incorporated into The Affiliated School of Tsinghua University.

In 1960, The Affiliated School of Tsinghua University was expanded into Tsinghua University High School with a newly established senior high school division. With both of its junior and senior division starting to enroll students from Beijing, TUHS became an integrated middle school.

In 1978, the second division of TUHS was established, which later became Tsinghua University No. 2 High School or TU2HS.

In 1994, TUHS worked together with Beijing No. 47 Middle School and built a TUHS branch campus (senior high school).

In 1999, TU2HS became part of TUHS.

In 2002, a privately-run and state-subsidized Tsinghua University Junior High School was established.

In 2004, the TUHS branch campus was cancelled after 47 years of co-construction with Beijing No. 47 Middle School.

In 2009, TUHS International School was established.

In 2010, TUHS collaborated with Education Committee of Chaoyang District and set up TUHS-Chaoyang.

In 2010, TUHS collaborated with Education Committee of Changping District and set up TUHS-Changping.

In 2011, Tsinghua University Junior High School was renamed “Tsinghua University Experimental School”.

In 2012, TUHS collaborated with Education Committee of Haidian District and undertook the management of Beijing Yongfeng Middle School which was renamed “TUHS-Yongfeng”.

In 2012, TUHS collaborated with Education Committee of Haidian District and undertook the management of Beijing Shangdi Middle School which was renamed “TUHS-Shangdi”.

In 2013, in line with the cooperation spirit between Tsinghua University and Shaanxi Province government and provincial schools, TUHS signed a cooperation intention in school running with Qinhan Administrative Committee of Xixian New Area of Shaanxi Province and set up TUHS-Qinhan (Shaanxi Qinhan Middle School) which has begun its enrollment since 2014.

In 2014, TUHS collaborated with Education Committee of Fengtai District and undertook the management of Taipingqiao Middle School and Shouke Huanyuan Primary School which were renamed “TUHS-fengtai”.